Valid from 01.03.2021
Information you provide to us
We collect information that you consent to sharing using the Services. This is primarily:
● Account information. To create an account, you must provide a username and password. Your username is publicly available and does not have to be associated with your real name. You can also specify an email address (at the request of the user to restore access to the account). Your account settings will also be saved.
● Content that you submit. We collect content that you submit to the Services. These are your posts and comments, including saved drafts, your posts with other users, requests, and other conversations with Anonym’s moderators and administrators. Your content may contain text, links, images, pictures, audio and video.
● The actions you are taking. We collect information about actions in the use of the Services. This is any interaction with content: likes, saving to favorites, hiding posts, users and complaints about them; interaction with other users: subscription, like, adding to favorites and blocking; interactions with communities, such as your subscriptions or moderator status.
● Additional information. This is the information that you provided directly. This includes completed forms, participation in events or promotions organized by Anonym Service, submission of applications for participation, submitted support requests or any other means of communication with the Anonym team.
● Information we collect automatically. When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
● Information collected from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including other users and third parties, and combine this information with other information we hold about you. For example, we may receive demographic information or information about you from third parties and combine it with our own data using a common account identifier such as an email hash or mobile device identifier. You can control how we use this information to personalize the Services for you by changing your preferences.
● Related services. If you authorize or link other services (such as third party applications or websites) to access your Anonym account, Anonym is informed about your use of that service when it uses this authorization. Linking services may also cause another service to send us your account information with that service. To find out how information is shared with Linked Services, see “How Information Is Shared About You” below.
We use information about you to:
● Provide, maintain the proper quality of the Services and improve them;
● Develop new Services;
● Help protect the safety of Anonym’s users, which includes blocking spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing Anonym’s Terms of Service and our other Policies;
● Send you notifications, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
● Provide user service;
● To inform you about products, services, offers, promotions and events, as well as provide other news and information that we think will be of interest to you (for information on how to opt out of these messages, see the section “Your Choices” below);
● Monitor and analyze user experience and activities related to our Services;
● Personalize Services, content and features based on the interests of users.
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
● When you submit content (such as a message, comment, or public chat) to the Services, all visitors and users of our Services will be able to see that content, the username associated with the content, and the date and time you originally submitted the content. Anonym allows other websites to embed Anonym’s public content using our integration tools with other services. Anonym also allows third parties to access Anonym’s public content through the Anonym API and other similar technologies. While some parts of the Services may be private and not available for external use, they may become publicly available (for example, at the discretion of the moderator in the case of private communities), and you should take this into account before posting content.
● When you send private messages or private chats, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent. Be aware that additional users may be invited to join the private chat after the message has been sent.
● When other users view your profile, they will be able to view information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, your previous public posts and comments, rating, moderator status, Anonym Premium status, and the length of your participation in it. Your rating.
● We offer social media or other sharing features that allow you to share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Using these features allows you to share certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you make with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social media sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of third parties that provide these social media sharing features.
Please note that even when you delete your account, messages, comments, and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewed or accessed on our servers. For more information see “Your Choice” below.
We do not share, sell, or transfer your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
● With related services. If you link your account with a third party service, Anonym will share the information you authorize with the third party service. You can control this exchange as described in the Your Choices section below.
● In an emergency. We may share information if we believe it is necessary to prevent imminent and serious harm to human health. To ensure our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe that your actions do not comply with our user agreements, policies or other Anonym policies, or protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves and others.
● Aggregated or unidentified information. We may share information about you that has been collected or anonymized in such a way that it cannot be reasonably used to identify you. For example, we can show the total number of times a post has been voted on without specifying who the visitor was.
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. For example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure the aggregate number of unique visitors to our Services.
As an Anonym user, you can choose how to protect and restrict the collection, use and disclosure of information about you.
Accessing and changing your information
You may access and change certain information through the Services. See our help center page for more information.
Removing your account
You can delete your account information at any time from the user settings page. When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and is not associated with the content you posted under that account. However, please note that posts, comments, and messages that you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others unless you delete specific content first.
An exception is the Secret Post. This method of publishing content excludes the possibility of identifying the author of the post using any technical means, since the data itself about the author of the publication is not stored even on Anonym’s servers.
We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Controlling access of related services to your account
You can view the services that you have associated with your account and revoke access to specific services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject third party and third party cookies. Please note that if you choose to delete or reject cookies, this may affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Do not track
In most modern web browsers, you can set the Do Not Track option on the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want to be tracked. However, there is no generally accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this setting. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the options described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
Mobile Notification Management
With your consent, we may send advertising and non-advertising push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can turn off these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Location information management
If you initially consent to the collection of location information, you can stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings of your mobile device or in the settings of the Service.
We take steps to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we use HTTPS when transmitting information. We also use technical and administrative access control measures to restrict access to private personal information.
We retain the information we collect for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
International data transfers
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and usage data. We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (such as device IDs), pages viewed, links that were requested, URL requested, settings equipment and search conditions. With the exception of the IP address used to create your account, Anonym will delete all IP addresses collected after 100 days.
We process and store information on servers located in Germany, the Netherlands and the United States. We may store information on servers and equipment in other countries as well, depending on many factors, including the location of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information.
In connection with the processing of personal data received from the European Union by Anonym, we adhere to the GDPR and comply with its principles and principles.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our GDPR compliance to the address provided in the Contact Us section below. Under certain conditions defined by the GDPR principles , you can also invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint.
Additional Information for EEA Users
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access, rectification or deletion of their personal data; data portability under certain circumstances; request restriction of processing; object to processing; and withdraw consent to processing if they have previously given consent. These rights can be exercised using the information provided in the “Your Choices” section above, or using the contact information provided at the end of this document.
In accordance with the requirements of applicable law, we collect and process information about individuals in the EEA only when we have a legal basis to do so. Our legal basis depends on the Services you use and how you use them. We process your information on the following legal grounds:
● You have given us your consent to do so for a specific purpose;
● We need to process information to provide the Services to you, including to manage the Services, provide customer support and personalized features, and keep the Services secure;
● It is in a legitimate interest (which does not conflict with your data protection interests) such as preventing fraud, keeping your network and information safe, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legitimate rights and interests, researching and developing, and marketing and promoting the Services ;
● We need to process your information in order to comply with our legal obligations.
Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to create accounts or otherwise use the Services. In addition, if you are located in the EEA, you must be over the age required under the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use the Services, or we need to obtain validated consent from your parent or legal guardian.
Innovations in this policy